[Koha-devel] What purpose do the 003 and 005 tageditor popup anchors serve?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Sep 8 17:58:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that 003 and 005 tageditors do not actually have a popup to
> back them up. That unlike LDR (000), 007, 008 the tags 003 and 005 do
> not call any window.open function and their respective
> Clictag_<number> functions are blank.
>
> what is the purpose for having these tageditor links around for these two?
>
> curious to know :)

There's no particular reason for these to have tageditor links - as
you surmise, the only action of the plugins is to populate (empty) 003
and 005 fields with default values.

Consequently, the links could be removed, as they do nothing --
although if we do that, perhaps there should be some alternative
visual indication that something special happens if one clicks in
those fields.

Regards,

Galen
--