[Koha-devel] What purpose do the 003 and 005 tageditor popup anchors serve?

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:28:38 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped>
> There's no particular reason for these to have tageditor links - as
> you surmise, the only action of the plugins is to populate (empty) 003
> and 005 fields with default values.

The max role I can see for 003 tageditor link is to provide a link to
set MarcOrgCode syspref but then that is handled elsewhere. Perhaps a
z39.50 server list alike link to this page -
http://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ecadorg.html and its provider links?

For example, http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/org-search.php?org_keyword=L2C2+Technologies&submit=Search
pulls up my data in the LOC Org code db. It could be wrapped into an
impromptu API (as long as LOC does not change *their* db lookup
process)

Does something like that even make any sense? I'm just thinking aloud
here (so I might be talking utter BS :P)

cheers,
-indra

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg