[Koha-devel] Searching with the question mark wildcard (Part two)

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu May 5 03:58:28 CEST 2016

My last email may have been a bit over the top, although I still stand by the fact that Search.pm butchers queries before they get to Zebra. Hopefully, the integration of ElasticSearch will  make a re-write of the Zebra-related code to be unnecessary.

While we’re still planning to hold on to Zebra, I think it’s mostly as a Z39.50/SRU server?

I actually quite like Zebra as a search engine, but the way the search code in Koha was implemented makes it impossible to use Zebra as it should be used.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St