[Koha-devel] Fuzzy searching in ICU

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu May 5 04:28:05 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I thought I was going crazy(er) last night when search wasn't working for me
in my Koha dev install...

I kept seeing this message in yaz-client:

[120] Unsupported Truncation attribute -- v2 addinfo '103'

I started going through my configuration files with a fine-tooth comb, when
suddenly I realized that I was using the ICU tokenizer rather than the CHR
tokenizer.

Sure enough, when I changed that over and re-built Koha, it was working
again.

I'm sure everyone who uses ICU knows that you can't use QueryFuzzy
searching, but this was a painful reminder.

Perhaps we should add a warning to the text for QueryFuzzy in the system
preferences, or maybe tie use of QueryFuzzy to the "UseICU" system
preference, although I don't know if anyone actually uses that preference. I
don't know if mine was turned on or off.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St