[Koha-translate] Translation service

Mike D. black23 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:38:56 CEST 2023

Hi Tomas,I use Transifex, Transifex, Localise, Crowdin and Weblate. Weblate
allows custom installation and has a glossary, a solid API. We used Weblate
years ago experimentally to translate Koha into English, but since Pootle
was used, it was difficult for us to maintain the translation in another
tool. Weblate also has the ability to translate plurals, which is a fairly
essential feature for some languages.
Localise has the most options, including auxiliary translation tools
(DeepL, Google translate, etc.), but it is not free and not open source.
Transifex is similar, but has a fairly straightforward interface.
I vote for Weblate and will be happy to abandon Pootle, as it is no longer
an efficient and pleasant tool for making a translator's job easier. And
Koha has a lot of text to translate.

Michal

út 25. 4. 2023 v 14:29 odesílatel Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>