[Koha-translate] Wiki articles on translating Koha

Bruns, Anke Anke.Bruns at gwdg.de
Thu Mar 21 14:35:43 CET 2024

Hi,

what I mean is what how to page can I direct possible would-be Koha translators to if they want to inform themselves on how to participate in translations.
The wiki pages relate to the former Pootle translation system and should be updated. I find it confusing myself to use the new Weblate and would also be happy to have some instructions.

Concrete questions would be:
- How to find one's way about the Weblate pages
- How is a translation done, what are the steps to take?
- What's the difference between proposing or submitting a translation?
- How to find the relevant context of text passages?
- Syntax to use when linking to parts of Koha or the Manual?
- What to do if one made a mistake and already submitted the passage in question?
- What happens if contents of the manual have to be changed, deleted or extended for a new Koha version - are there alerts telling people which passages to look at and work on with priority?
- After submitting / proposing a translation, what are the following steps and when and how does the translated text passage make its way into a Koha or manual version?
- What does the message "String freeze" in the mailing list mean?

There might be more that I can't think of at present.

Regards,
Anke