https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=38655 --- Comment #22 from David Cook <dcook@prosentient.com.au> --- (In reply to David Cook from comment #21)
I was chatting with a colleague over at PHAIDRA and he mentioned PDF.js.
It seems also that Universal Viewer does use PDF.js itself by default in newer versions I think. Or it can be configured to use it at least which is quite interesting as well. When using PDF.js, you don't have to pre-process the PDF by splitting it up into individual pages. Instead, it requests the PDF structure (usually stored at the end of the PDF but I think it can sometimes be stored at the front), and then does a HTTP range request for just the bytes that it needs based on the structure of the PDF. Very clever. I don't know how it renders it. Whether it's on a <canvas> or something else. But yeah... interesting for sure. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.