https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=42835 --- Comment #65 from David Cook <dcook@prosentient.com.au> --- (In reply to Luis Bataller from comment #63)
Hi,
Thanks for picking this up — indexing item data in Elasticsearch is something Koha has needed for a long time.
We went through this same design question some months ago and evaluated both options: a separate item index, and items as `nested` objects inside the biblio document. We ended up choosing `nested`.
Great to meet you at the dev meeting last night, Luis. I agree with your analysis regarding having a separate item index vs having nested objects. To me, having a separate item index doesn't make sense, because it would be very inefficient at a large scale. That said, what have you observed with bib records with many (e.g. 200-1000 items) nested inside the JSON document in Elasticsearch? I am supportive of having nested items, because it allows for better searching, but I have only tried it with relatively small numbers of items embedded in the bib index. Actually with Elasticsearch I think that you can do includes/excludes with source filtering... so you could do a search against a large record but just retrieve the bib record when showing the search results... that could be very very useful. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.