[Koha-devel] OpenBook

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Jul 16 23:38:28 CEST 2001

* Nicholas Stephen Rosasco <nsr4n at tetra.mail.virginia.edu> [010717 05:01]:
> Devil's advocate thought here...
> what if we were to simply, well, do a turnabout on the Openbook code?
> (ie, use it as the starting point for a new version of Koha?) Or,
> alternately, bring the two applications in close enough alignment so that
> no alterations be made to the databases behind them?

Could well be a plan, Id need to look at their code more.
When it all boils down to it, its all just SQL *grin*

> Forgive me for suggesting it, but it might be the easiest way to avoid
> having two competing tools (forcing users of both to pick one feature set
> over another) out there....

Yep, precisely, id dearly like to not get into the openbsd, freebsd
kinda thing.

Tis mainly why am I silent on the fork issue on the main list. Im just
glad you and stuart have brought it up.

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz