[Koha-devel] problem with mandatory subfields

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Dec 9 09:54:04 CET 2002

Ambrose Li [CCCGT] a écrit:

>Hi,
>
>I discovered one problem while I am trying to enter one record
>from our OPAC.
>
>Right now, 100c is mandatory. This is not correct. (See the
>examples at http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdmain.html;
>I think 100a is mandatory, not 100c.) But assuming that 100c
>really is mandatory, it would really only mean that one of 100c,
>110c or 111c is mandatory, since any of 100, 110, or 111 can be
>the main entry.
>
>Is it currently possible to specify that one of several subfields
>is mandatory? Or is this something that cannot yet be specified?

it cannot yet be specified.
And i'm not sure this will change in the "near" future. (near meaning
what you want, but later than 2002 :-) )

Note that in 2.x (probably 2.1), you should be able to define up to 4
differents "masks" for up to 4 differents types of "biblios". In this
case, you will be able to define 1 screen for true biblios (which
requires a 100c), one for meetings (111c)...

--
Paul POULAIN
responsable francophone de koha (SIBGB libre http://fr.koha.org)