[Koha-devel] problem with mandatory subfields

Ambrose Li a.c.li at ieee.org
Mon Dec 9 11:04:03 CET 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 06:56:45PM +0100, paul POULAIN wrote:

> Note that in 2.x (probably 2.1), you should be able to define up to 4
> differents "masks" for up to 4 differents types of "biblios". In this
> case, you will be able to define 1 screen for true biblios (which
> requires a 100c), one for meetings (111c)...

I'm speaking as someone who had taken a "library volunteer's
short course" who has forgotten a lot of stuff already.

AFAIK, 100c is *not* mandatory. {100,110,111}a (not c) is,
and it is not true that "true biblios" require a 100a (or 100c).
If the author of the book *is* an organization (e.g., books
written by a committee, lots of such books in China I was told),
there is only 110a, no 100a.

(This is what I have been taught. It is US MARC iirc. Some
librarian on the list can correct me :-)

Best regards,

--
Ambrose Li  <a.c.li at ieee.org>
http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/cmcc/  http://www.cccgt.org/