[Koha-devel] official list ISBN <=> editors

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Dec 9 18:27:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:03:22PM -0500, Andrew Arensburger said:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:01:44PM +1300, Rosalie Blake wrote:
> > The relationship with ISBNs is not with editor, but with publisher.
> > Try http://www.isbn-international.org/
>
> 	Do you have a more specific URL? All I could find there was
> 	0 or 1 -> English
> 	2 -> French
> 	83 -> Poland
> 	etc.
>
> I believe what was being asked for was
>
> 	0-06 -> HarperCollins
> 	0-596 -> O'Reilly and Associates
> 	etc.

As far as I can tell,
You have to pay money and buy either the CD or the book with the listings in
it.

I havent found a complete online listing of all publishers.
Just ones like this
http://www.pgw.com/customers/pubisbn.htm

Or you could screen scrape by doing some searches here
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/isbndir-bin/isbn-search
To get the canadian publishers list.

Its a shame but there seems to be no freely available full list anywhere

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz