[Koha-devel] permission flag proposal => priorities and holidays for me

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jul 26 09:05:02 CEST 2002

Tonnesen Steve a écrit:

>I'd like to propose a permission flag be added to the "borrowers" table.
>
>My thoughts are we could have flags like:
>
>superlibrarian   (can do any intranet functions)
>circulate        (can circulate books)
>catalogue        (can add/modify bibliographic data and holdings info)
>parameters	 (can modify Koha parameter settings)
>borrowers	 (can add/modify patron information)
>permissions	 (can modify these flags)
>reserveforothers (can set reserves for any patron)
>
>borrow		 (can borrow items)
>reserveforself   (can reserve books for themselves)
>

>The big reason for this is that the new authentication system needs to
>determine which users have access to intranet functions and which users
>are just patrons and should have no access to intranet.  In most cases,
>probably all that is needed is a "librarian" flag, but I thought I'd make
>it possible for it to be more fine-grained.
>
>I was thinking of using a 32 bit integer for storing the flags so up to 32
>flags can be set.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Steve.

hi Steve, and hi others too...

I was wondering if it would not be a good idea to have a priority list.
This idea is good, but when should it be scheduled ? we have many other
feature-request, and we should have a way to order them.

Note : on monday, I leave Marseille, and will be in something like "in
holidays" until august,25.
But as i love koha, it's every day holiday with it, so i go with my PC.
I've many other things to do during august, but i'll still read my
mails, and maybe spend some hours on MARC stuff. Anyway, i won't have a
ADSL connexion, but a 56k one, so be patient and don't expect fast
answers ;-)

--
Paul