[Koha-devel] Oddball idea

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jun 14 01:00:03 CEST 2002

Pat Eyler wrote:

>>>This may be the ravings of a sleepless madman, but bear with me for a sec...
>>>
>>>Someone asked about cross references
>>>(ie, look for Cinema -under-> Motion Picture)
>>>

>Is there a way to automate building these links (e.g., running search
>terms through a thesaurus)?  If so, do we want to write a script to build
>this on a periodic basis?

I partially agree with Pate :
A thesaurus can be useful in 2 ways :
* when entering a data : if you enter a data he replaces it with the
"standard" term. For example, you enter "wiki", he replaces with "New
Zealand".
* when searching, if you enter wiki, he shows you "New Zealand".
That should be useful, and has to be included in 1.4, i think.

But, i imagine the initial question can refer to something more generic,
something like "related links" in Mozilla.
When you search "wiki", he show you "see also Rugby, countries->big
Islands, Maori"...
That should be another think.

The thesaurus show a standard method for explaining something, the
"related links" shows ... "related things"

But maybe i'm looking too far ;-)
--
Paul