[Koha-devel] Status of branches?

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri Jun 14 12:51:04 CEST 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Alan Millar wrote:

> Sorry, I'm still a little confused on the branches.
>
> I'm working successfully on the 1.2 branch, but I have a few more questions:
>
> - What is the CVS command to list available branches?  I couldn't find that in the
>   docs.

dunno, I'll look it up later (you may need to remind me).  we have only a
rel-1-2 and the main branches active.

> - Where is MARC development being done?  In the main branch, or a forked
>   1.4 branch?  If it is in a forked branch, what is the main branch for?

In the main branch (until we cut a rel-1-3 tree -- not for a while yet)

> - How will the 1.2 branch be rolled in or reconciled with the main branch?
>   Should I be putting important changes into more than one branch?

I'd say do you work in 1.2 and as you get features done (and tested), let
Paul know and he can make the decision about how/when/if to merge that
feture into the main branch.  He's the owner of the 1.4 release.

thanks,
-pate