[Koha-devel] Status of branches?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jun 14 13:18:02 CEST 2002

Alan Millar wrote:

>Sorry, I'm still a little confused on the branches.

Happy to see i'm not alone ;-)))

>I'm working successfully on the 1.2 branch, but I have a few more questions:
>- What is the CVS command to list available branches?  I couldn't find that in the
>  docs.

i don't know, i look through sourceforge ;-)
Anyway, we have only 2 used branches : rel-1-2 and the main one

>- Where is MARC development being done?  In the main branch, or a forked
>  1.4 branch?  If it is in a forked branch, what is the main branch for?

it's done in the main branch. the "rel-1-4-marc branch isn't used

>- How will the 1.2 branch be rolled in or reconciled with the main branch?
>  Should I be putting important changes into more than one branch?

For instance, nothing is done in the MARC stuff that should be hard to
merge with the 1.2 branch.
I hope the 1.2 branch will be very stable soon...
--
Paul
koha 1.4 release manager