[Koha-devel] [Koha] 1.2.0 Problems

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri Jun 21 07:51:04 CEST 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Pete Dubler wrote:

> Pat,
>
> I am very excited about Koha as a user solution.  I like the design and
> the end-user interface.

I'm glad that there is an upside to this email.  ;)  Given the problems
that you've had, you're being remarkably patient with us.  Thanks.

> At this point, based on my experience so far of spending over 40 hours
> on it and hitting so many walls, I cannot use the current version to
> accomplish my goals.  I am going on-line in just two weeks with a major
> move of inventory into a new building.  At that point I need to
> inventory everything and have a check-in/check-out system.  You see, I
> was planning to use Koha to track my science resources across our K-12
> campus, THEN use it for our new library.  This would give the teachers
> only one, simple-to-use interface for finding resources and books.  The
> vision is that the inventory floats around the campus with the teachers
> using their web-based computers to find and check out/in materials.

This sounds like an excellent plan.

> All that said, what is the timing for a more stable (ie tested, ready to
> run) release?

All of the problems that have been found (and reported) so far are fixed
in the 1.2.1 version (a pre-release is available at
<www.koha.org/download/>, I'd love to hear that it fixes your problems.
We're hoping to release it officially in the next several days.

The 1.2 series is focused on improving stability usability (and adding
some small feature sets as they become ready).  We're planning on running
an aggressive release cycle (as often as every 2-3 weeks), so (with
continued feedback) I expect that things will get better quite soon.

thanks,
-pate