[Koha-devel] suggestion for 1.2.2 version...

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Fri Jun 21 13:10:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:57:52AM -0400, Pat Eyler wrote:

> > I'm working to merge rel-1-2 and main branch, and am not happy.

> > And i realise some API changed and some didn't. For example, newbiblio
> > need a hash, while modbiblio still needs 5 vars, separated by ","

> > Note in main trunk, both newbiblio and modbiblio use the hash :-\\\\
>
> My cut at this (if we're not going to do OO perl, and for performance that
> might be better) is that we should probably move towards passing hashes.
> Is this reasonable to people?  Shall we make it a standard?  Comments?

I think the hash is the best idea.  I think we need some more documentation
(or clearer definition of some sort) of the internal data model, which
will be more complicated with 1.4.  For example, "biblio vs. biblioitem" is
going to be messier, I expect.

Keeping the API's exactly the same between 1.2 and 1.4 sounds great,
except for the fact that the data isn't at all the same.  With almost
any field repeatable in MARC, unlike currently, it will be interesting.

The hash will be the best hope I think for open-ended data flexibility
in the API.

- Alan

----
Alan Millar     --==> am12 at bolis.com <==--