[Koha-devel] comments on bug #8 at bugs.koha.org

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Mon Jun 24 12:09:08 CEST 2002

The installer.pl in rel-1-2 adds the following directive to the apache
config:

   TransferLog logs/koha-access_log common

This caused an error in my installation because the second parameter
"common" isn't allowed with the TransferLog directive.  My reading of
Apache's documentation states that the CustomLog directive is the one that
allows this second parameter.  Was this a typo?  Can I remove the "common"
from this line?

Also, with my install, relative paths are placed under /etc/apache, which
would be a strange place indeed for logfiles, even if the apache user
could write there.  My proposal is to search for an ErrorLog directive in
httpd.conf and use the same directory for the koha logs.  If there is no
ErrorLog directive, it will default to the logs/koha-access_log value.

Steve.