[Koha-devel] Dependencies for z3950 Search Tool, and question

Shane Williams broot at gslis.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 24 13:09:04 CEST 2002

I didn't see any mention of dependencies in the docs, but I might have
missed it.

In order for the z3950 searches to work, you will need:
Net-Z3950.pm, which in turn requires:
Event module,
MARC module
and Index Data's Yaz toolkit at http://indexdata.dk/yaz/

Once I've completed z39.50 searches, is there a way to remove them
from the search screen?  Is there a way to cancel a pending or
processing search (for instance one that has been closed without a
response)?

My z3950-daemon-launch.sh still doesn't work.  I've adjusted all the
variables, but when I run it as root it just comes right back to the
prompt.  When I check for the process, it's not there.

If I take the command at the end of the launch script and run it at
the command line (with the variables replaced appropriately) like:

su -s /bin/sh -c \
'/home/httpd/koha/cgi-bin/acqui.simple/z3950-daemon-shell.sh' - apache &

everything works fine (once I made sure the /var/log/koha directory
was writeable by the apache user) and the processes show up in ps.

http://pgp.mit.edu/                | Systems Administrator UT-GSLIS
All syllogisms contain three lines |         broot at gslis.utexas.edu
Therefore this is not a syllogism  |   www.gslis.utexas.edu/~shanew