[Koha-devel] apache configuration proposal

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Tue Jun 25 11:08:09 CEST 2002

Mike and I were discussing apache configuration on IRC this morning and
have a proposal for installer.pl

Right now installer.pl builds apache configuration with two separate ip
addresses for virtual hosts.  We'd like to change that to the port based
virtual host setup.   By default, it will suggest port 80 for the OPAC and
port 8080 for the Intranet interfaces.  It will warn that using port 80
for the OPAC will "hide" any existing web content served from that
computer, and that a different port should be used if that is the case.

I'll add comments to httpd.conf detailing how to change to the other two
possible virtual hosting schemes: separate ips and domain names, or
separate domain names on one ip.

Comments?

Steve.