[Koha-devel] apache configuration proposal

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Tue Jun 25 22:46:29 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:07:14AM -0700, Tonnesen Steve wrote:
> Right now installer.pl builds apache configuration with two separate ip
> addresses for virtual hosts.  We'd like to change that to the port based
> virtual host setup.   By default, it will suggest port 80 for the OPAC and
> port 8080 for the Intranet interfaces.  It will warn that using port 80
> for the OPAC will "hide" any existing web content served from that
> computer, and that a different port should be used if that is the case.

> Comments?

I'm not sure I understand why we need two virtual hosts.  What is wrong or
undesirable about a single host, with an intranet branch that is password
protected, and an OPAC branch that isn't?   Simply the fact that scripts
live in cgi-bin/koha and cgi-bin/opac seems to indicate that it was
originally designed for a single host.  Is there a good reason to
perpetuate the virtual dual host setup?  I'm not perceiving one.

- Alan

----
Alan Millar     --==> am12 at bolis.com <==--