[Koha-devel] Also...

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Mon Mar 4 09:04:14 CET 2002

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Nicholas Rosasco wrote:

> Idly, besides MARC features, do we want to do a feature-request list, while
> you all are in the process of polishing and intergrating the MARC and other
> items?  I see the traffic on the various DB reorg/changes and am curious to
> know what else is on various wish lists.
>
> Since the faq is basically done, I can handle tracking that...

More abstraction of user interface from data processing code.  Since I
know this will mean nothing to the non-programmers amongst us, it
basically means that things like search routines return a fixed set of
data every time, and _never_ concern themselves with how the data is going
to be presented to the user.  This should probably be taken into
consideration while axkit development is taking place...

  1.  Search interface needs to be cleaned up.  The @stuff arrays confuse
      me.  :)
  2.  Cataloguing API - This is what I started on, but have gotten badly
      bogged down with.  Syncing the MARC and KohaDB backends got ugly in
      a hurry.  I need to rethink how I approached it, I think.  If there
      are programmers on the list now who are interested in helping with
      this, drop me a line.
  3.  Soundex searches (ie searching for elefant will turn up elephant
      results)

Steve.