[Koha-devel] Installing comments

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Mar 19 09:25:03 CET 2002

Nicholas Rosasco wrote:

>In the ongoing quest to help out by tracking things gripes & feature
>requests
>I see:
>tables and table installation, population questions/gripes
>virtualhost &/or no-root-access adjustments
>perl module installation
>automate control (.htaccess) of intranet access?
>

>MARC21, still a big "wanna have"

YYYEEESSS (note it's MARC access, not just MARC21 For me, in France,
it's UNIMARC ! )

>I have one to automate setting up DB for people who use separate DB servers.  (I know it
>is just switching the line in the DBI call, but it wouldn't hurt to add
>that).
>
>and on an unrelated item...
>NT installing (Andrew Hooper).  I'll add him to the FAQ.
>Thought:
>A lot of this could be handled by a Q&A install script, I'd think.
>

>The 'manual populated' tables -- could we add a geek (ok, sysadmin/tech
>admin) section to the intranet area, to create some ease of use here or
>something?  This seems to be a discontent issue

The scripts are in CVS area (/admin/ directories) (note they work fine
only if you launch updatedatabase2.pl which I've just commited today).
When ppl here will have validated them, I just will have to add a link
to the bottom line of the intranet.
--
Paul