[Koha-devel] IRC meet, anyone?

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue May 7 13:31:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Nicholas Rosasco wrote:

> A couple of people have suggested that we try to have a meeting via IRC...
> I'd suggest Thursday evening (my time, which is eastern standard).  Pat has
> a list of possible times that work for all the various timezones (more or
> less) based on what I know about people's availability [Pat, I seem to have
> forgotten to make a note of the ones you thought that worked -- please send
> that out and/or to me :)].

I'm up for it. Thursday evening works for me, though it might not work for
everyone.  I'm not sure where everyone is timezone wise, but here's a
quick table (I hope I have everyone right):

Me:      0100  1100  1400  1600  1800  2100
Mike:    0400  1400  1700  1900  2100  0000
 GMT     0900  1900  2200  0000  0200  0500
Paul:    1100  2100  0000  0200  0400  0700
Sergey:  1200  2200  0100  0300  0500  0800
Katipo:  2100  0700  1000  1200  1400  1700

All AM times (except for the first column and the 1100 for me) would be
Friday.  It looks like someone will have to cope with ugly hours.  I'm
willing to make any of these, shall we vote?  (Do we need to make any
corrections before we do?)

Are there any non-developers that should be invited?  At some point, I'd
like to hear what librarians (US, NZ, and Euro) have to say about what
they'd like to see Koha do.

> Possible agenda items(_very_ random and subject to editing):
> * target setting
> * coordination of efforts
> * timetables, or at least feature ordering
> * CVS use, setup, branching
> * a steering committee
> * outside involvement (ie, K12Linux, oss4lib)
> * features and priorities
> * new user/installer assistance
> * future meetings (and times, etc)
> * standards (MARC, circulation, etc)
> * resources in re standards
> * design, coding practice
> * version numbering, etc. (which is semi settled)
> * suggestions on documentation

These all look like things we really need to talk about.  THey also look
like too much to cover in one go.  Maybe if we break this out into three
session it would be more doable.  Perhaps:

  Policy:    Targets, Timetable, Steering Committee, Standards, and
             Follow-up Meetings

  Strategy:  Version Numbering, Design & Coding Practice, Resources for
             Standards, and Outside Involvement

  Tactical:  Docs, New User/Installer Assistance, Coordination, and
             CVS Use

I'd also suggest that we think about having someone chair the meeting(s)
and hold ourselves to a (minimal) set of rules of order -- too many people
and too many topics can get ugly fast.  Nick, would you like to do this or
shall we ask a Katipan?

-pate