[Koha-devel] IRC meet, anyone?

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed May 8 06:05:02 CEST 2002

On 8 May 2002, Mike Mylonas wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 08:30, Pat Eyler wrote:
> >
> > > A couple of people have suggested that we try to have a meeting via IRC...
> > > I'd suggest Thursday evening (my time, which is eastern standard).
>
> I would be in as well ...
> >
> > I'm up for it. Thursday evening works for me, though it might not work for
> > everyone.  I'm not sure where everyone is timezone wise, but here's a
> > quick table (I hope I have everyone right):
> >
> > Me:      0100  1100  1400  1600  1800  2100
> > Mike:    0400  1400  1700  1900  2100  0000
> >  GMT     0900  1900  2200  0000  0200  0500
> > Paul:    1100  2100  0000  0200  0400  0700
> > Sergey:  1200  2200  0100  0300  0500  0800
> > Katipo:  2100  0700  1000  1200  1400  1700
>

> Can we assume that Mike should read Nick, and as a gentle reminder, I
> think that it would be productive if Steve and Roger could be in as well
> ... I know that Roger is in Sydney, Australia, not sure about Steve.

Yes, Mike is actually Nick (sorry guys).  I agree that Roger and Steve
should be in as well, I just didn't know where they lived ...

Roger, Steve; where are you timewise in the above chart?

> > Are there any non-developers that should be invited?  At some point, I'd
> > like to hear what librarians (US, NZ, and Euro) have to say about what
> > they'd like to see Koha do.
>
> I think that seeing seeing as Katipo and HLT have a lot of input that
> the meeting time would have be close to the normal working day with NZ
> Standard time GMT +12...

I sort of agree, I'd like to minimize the pain for all involved, but the
NZ folk are the most numerous and the ones we really need involved more
than anyone else.

> > I'd also suggest that we think about having someone chair the meeting(s)
> > and hold ourselves to a (minimal) set of rules of order -- too many people
> > and too many topics can get ugly fast.  Nick, would you like to do this or
> > shall we ask a Katipan?

I think Rachel makes sense (thanks, Nick for the suggestion)

-pate