[Koha-devel] proposition for MARC version

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed May 8 07:35:34 CEST 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, paul POULAIN wrote:

> paul POULAIN wrote:
>
> > In attachment, you will find my proposition for MARC version. don't
> > hesitate to do any remarks.
> >
> > RTF version and OpenOffice.org original version
>
> Also placed in the Wiki for more convenient modifiings.

Thanks Paul for all the time and effort.  I'm trying to digest all of it
right now, so I'll hold off on making comments about it until I attain
enlightnement ;)

One tangental comment though; I've noticed a lot of small comments in a
variety of places and from a lot of people that talk about how to
implement things in a very web specific way.  This is a dangerous place to
go.  It would be a lot better if we develop a very clear division between
business logic and presentation logic.  If we do this well, it means that
we can write different front-ends much more easily (CLI, GNOME, KDE, FOX,
WAP[1], whatever).

-pate

[1] Wouldn't it be great to reserve, renew, search for materials from a
WAP enabled cell phone or similar device?