[Koha-devel] proposition for MARC version

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed May 8 09:07:57 CEST 2002

Pat Eyler wrote:

>Thanks Paul for all the time and effort.  I'm trying to digest all of it
>right now, so I'll hold off on making comments about it until I attain
>enlightnement ;)
>
>One tangental comment though; I've noticed a lot of small comments in a
>variety of places and from a lot of people that talk about how to
>implement things in a very web specific way.  This is a dangerous place to
>go.  It would be a lot better if we develop a very clear division between
>business logic and presentation logic.  If we do this well, it means that
>we can write different front-ends much more easily (CLI, GNOME, KDE, FOX,
>WAP[1], whatever).
>
>-pate
>
>[1] Wouldn't it be great to reserve, renew, search for materials from a
>WAP enabled cell phone or similar device?

If I understand well, you say that because of my paragraph about how to
manually add a biblio with the web interface ?
If that's it, I'm OK. But I hope my DB-structure doesn't depend on the
tool you use to play with koha...

My two main priorities were : having a generic MARC structure to be able
to accept any MARC format, and having a structure that enables fast
searches on medium-big libraries.
--
Paul