[Koha-devel] Order from Chaos, maybe

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed May 29 07:45:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Nicholas Rosasco wrote:

> After seeing Rachel's (thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou for that
> info.  It seriously demystifys some things for me at least) wiki posted
> Katipo Plan, I have gone and Japanese chef'd the Roadmap (see the Sliced and
> Diced link off the original) to reflect her comments and (hopefully)
> Katipo's priorities/client requests ... particularly her (painfully correct)
> "ack! you want one release manager to handle all of _that_" line of thought.

I think a big point to make here is that the 1.2 release manager shouldn't
just be making one release.  Instead, he/she should be looking at a series
of releases which encompass new development during their tenure.  Only the
really big stuff (MARC, templating, Z3950, etc) which impact the way most
or all of the system works are actually scheduled in specific releases.
(Of course, this is only my take on things.)

> My hope was to divvy it into each version (yes, they are un-numbered... if
> someone wants to go back and adjust, go ahead) getting a major and a minor
> goal.  Major features are usually things like MARC, minor things like shelf
> lists.  The only exception of the moment is the current Katipo version,
> which has all kinds of nifty things, including the early (and highly groovy)
> templating and info-display-options-controls stuff.
>
> Is Jeremy on the devel list?  Rachel, any comments (esp on if I've got the
> Katipan bullet points right?)?

If Jeremy isn't on the list, maybe we could set up a time to irc about it.
I'm sure that there are several people who'd love to share their own two
small units of local currency. ;)

-pate