[Koha-devel] question about templating and directory structure

Dorian Meid dnmeid at tfh-berlin.de
Tue Oct 1 09:31:02 CEST 2002

> > I'm working a little on templates, for MARC support, and i've some
> > problems.
> >
> > How templates are supposed to be organised ?
> > I thought it was :
> > includes/templates/[theme_name]/*
Nope

> > but i saw some posts about [language]/[theme_name]/*
Nope

> I think that we need to include the language identification above the theme identification.   includes/templates/[language]/[theme_name] makes sense to me.
>

> > and today, finlay released files into
> >  koha/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/default/en/*
Yes

> I think this is broken WRT previous discussions.  It seems like thes should be includes/templates/en/default/intranet/*
Nope

> If I'm wrong, please let me know.
Yes ;-)

Finlay has made a website describing the whole templating-stuff:
http://koha.org/contribute/templating/
The details are at:
http://koha.org/contribute/templating/contribute.html

The actual directory for templates in CVS is /koha/koha-tmpl/...
and then intranet-tmpl or opac-tmpl, themename, language, template.
The theme we are currently used to is called 'default'.
It will be 'hlt' (Horowena Library Trust) in future and then let's see
what to do with default.

What is still unclear to me is where to store images, html and includes
(on the server and in cvs)
At the moment they are in /koha-html will they mix up with the templates
or reside seperate from them?

BTW: I'm now on irc for a few hours.

Dorian