[Koha-devel] we've got a winner :-) => IMPORTANT

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Oct 3 22:45:03 CEST 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:32:52PM +1000, Roger Buck said:
> Chris Cormack wrote:
> [--snip--]
>
> > So to try and summarise I want the opac and intranet systems to be
> > standalone. Capable of being installed on separate machines, or on the same
> > machine using separate hosts/ipnumbers/port numbers,
> > or on the same machine using the same host and port. IE I want it all :-)
>
> Agreed - So, what I am thinking is that this outcome requires revision
> of the existing the file structure. If this will happen anyway then
> that's good. But in spite of that, think of me as trying to help by
> focusing attention on shortcomings of the current layout <grin>

*grin* Yep, thats good, the more prompting we get the sooner it will be
fixed :-)

> If there is something more productive (non programming or working in
> cvs) that can be done - then point me in the right direction. Is it more
> productive for me to do some work on templating? :)

Templating would be good, finlay and dorian have been working on this. So
they are the people to talk to about that. What I think would be good would
be to perhaps take a crack at making a new 'theme' for the opac and document
it. To be used as a templating manual for others to use.

Paul might have some work he needs help with for the 1.3/1.4 tree as well.
But ill let him comment on that.

Also Pat might have some ideas as well.

Chris

(PS you follow rugby league at all?)

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz