[Koha-devel] 1.2.3RC17

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Thu Oct 24 06:23:12 CEST 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Andrew Arensburger wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:41:34AM -0700, Tonnesen Steve wrote:
> > I fixed the branches.pl
> > problem so that new branches get the 'IS' and 'CU' branchrelations
> > automatically so that they show up in the circulation module.
>
> 	What are "IS" and "CU", anyway? For that matter, could you
> please explain what branchrelations are?

To be honest, I don't know.   I just found them in the code.  Functionally
here's what the restrict:

Branches that don't have the 'IS' branchrelation can't issue books (ie
they don't show up in the "Select a Branch" area of circulation.

Branches that don't have the 'CU' branchrelation set don't show up in the
"To Branch" part of the branchtransfers page.

All of this was made necessary because HLT is using the branch field for
things that aren't really branches, namely collections of books either
within or branch or that are spread across branches, so that different
circulation rules have to be applied to different branches.  My proposal
was that this be handled through the use of virtual bookshelves to handle
collection management (among other things).

Steve.