[Koha-devel] 1.2.3RC17

Finlay Thompson finlay at katipo.co.nz
Thu Oct 24 12:41:19 CEST 2002

Tonnesen Steve wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Andrew Arensburger wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:41:34AM -0700, Tonnesen Steve wrote:
>>

>>>I fixed the branches.pl
>>>problem so that new branches get the 'IS' and 'CU' branchrelations
>>>automatically so that they show up in the circulation module.
>>>

>>	What are "IS" and "CU", anyway? For that matter, could you
>>please explain what branchrelations are?
>>

>Branches that don't have the 'IS' branchrelation can't issue books (ie
>they don't show up in the "Select a Branch" area of circulation.
>
>Branches that don't have the 'CU' branchrelation set don't show up in the
>"To Branch" part of the branchtransfers page.
>
>All of this was made necessary because HLT is using the branch field for
>things that aren't really branches, namely collections of books either
>within or branch or that are spread across branches, so that different
>circulation rules have to be applied to different branches.  My proposal
>was that this be handled through the use of virtual bookshelves to handle
>collection management (among other things).
>
>Steve.

Hi Steve and Andrew,

This is all my fault! I added the "branchcategories" and
"branchrelations" tables when I was working on the circulations code.

I think this should all be reoganised. However Steve does seem to have
fixed up the Installer so that it works out of the box.

Perhaps the new Shelf.pm code is the answer....

Finlay