[Koha-devel] maybe a bug, or something i don't understand ?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Sep 5 05:48:05 CEST 2002

Probably a question for a katipan (Finlay ?) !

I' testing always deeply my MARC version, and i find something strange
in normal acquisition system.
Let   me explain :
* you create a new basket, with a new biblio => you call newbiblio.pl,
you validate, and it creates a old-DB biblio, a old-DB biblioitem, as
well as MARC-DB data.
* you realise you made something wrong, so you want to modify : you
search for supplier, you click on the basket, and you click on the
biblio again to modify it.

When you validate your modifs, some of them are not recorded : ISBN, and
branches, at least. Fortunately, all the fields modified are in biblio
table and all fields unmodified are in biblioitem table... Elementary,
my dear Watson...
So i had a look to the perl code, and founded only "newbiblioitem" calls
and no "modbiblioitem" in addorder.pl. That's why i think it's a bug.
It's a problem for me, as i can't update MARC record ;-\\\

Please confirm it's a bug, and if yes, i'll correct it.
--
Paul