[Koha-devel] Introduction

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed Sep 4 21:47:03 CEST 2002

Welcome!

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, J. Kenneth Riviere wrote:

> Seeing the request for people to introduce themselves, I thought I'd
> de-lurk.  I've only just joined the list and haven't really gotten started
> with Koha, but I'm interested in learning.  I've been a programmer and
> systems analyst for more than 20 years.

cool.  it sounds like you're poised to make a contribution ;)

[much elision occurs here]

> My current company looks to be getting ready to go belly up.  I've been
> thinking of going back for that MLS and trying to get back into the library
> systems market.  I just discovered the Koha package and it sounds like an
> exciting endeavor.  It occurs to me that if there are any libraries in the
> southeast USA that are considering Koha then I might be able to get some
> consulting work or even a Systems Librarian job in such a setting.  I don't
> know how much help I'll be since I'll be working on my own time and am not
> yet familiar with the system, but I'll probably continue to lurk for awhile
> and see what I can pick up.  In the meantime I'll boot up my Linux box and
> see about getting Koha installed so that I can see what it can do.

Sounds good.  As you get things in place, let us know and we can start
coordinating some work -- or at least pointing at interesting bits for you
to hack on.

As soon as you're ready, we'll get you developer access on SourceForge as
well.

> -JoKeR (J. Kenneth Riviere)

-pate

Pat Eyler
Kaitiaki/manager               migrant Linux sys admin
the Koha project               ruby, shell, and perl geek
http://www.koha.org            http://pate.eylerfamily.org