[Koha-devel] From the Kaitiaki

Saiful Amin saiful at drtc.isibang.ac.in
Sat Sep 14 14:06:02 CEST 2002

Hi

I'm Saiful Amin, a student of Master's of Library & Information Science.
I've worked on Koha for a very brief period before my exams and am a
member of this mailing list for the past 3 months.  I've almost one year's
experience in Perl and been working on redhat linux for past 8 months.

I've worked on this software only for testing purposes to see how far it
is suitable for the Indian libraries.  So far I've got the koha-1.2.2
working with z3950 client and the sample database.  I plan to test koha
for many other features such as handling of multilingual documents.

I'm currently busy this month with a team project on the Greenstone
digital library system.  My next project might well be on Koha!  I am a
big supporter of open source projects and would like to contribute at
least in the documentation of this software.

I would be more than happy to help out anybody in my locality concerning
installation, etc.  I really want it to keep growing.

With regards,

-Saiful

> If you've got a question, comment, or a success story, please feel free
> to drop me a line.
>
>  Koha has been invited to participate in the Think-Linux show in
>  Columbus, Ohio (in the US).  We're not sure yet whether this is
>  logisticly possible for us.  If you're interested in making our
>  appearance at this show a reality, or in seeing Koha at a local
>  conference, User Group meeting, or similar event, please let me
>  know.
>
> While the pace of Koha acceptance and development seem to be picking up,
> we're still a very friendly place for newcomers.  If you're new to Koha,
> please stop by the mailing list and introduce yourself.
>
> happy hacking,
>
> Pat Eyler
> Kaitiaki/manager
> the Koha project