[Koha-devel] How may I be of assistance?

Nathan Gray kolibrie at vs2.capwiz.com
Mon Sep 23 17:24:02 CEST 2002

I am interested in the Koha project, and have been watching it for the
last month or two.  I have been unable to, or rather, unwilling to spend
the time to install Koha, because I use PostgreSQL, rather than mySQL.

I have very little circulation/library experience, other than checking
books out from my local library.

I have, however, spent some amount of time working in Perl.  Most of my
work has been custom modules to work under mod_perl.  I have also done
some work on general/public-type code, including Devel::Messenger.
Because most of my work has been in modules for Perl5, I have written
quite a few test suites that run using Test::Harness.

I am most interested in helping with the installer.  I am pleased that
there is an install script now, and the "by-hand" method is deprecated.
I hope we can now progress to the point where the "by-hand" method is
no longer necessary.

Let me know if there are other areas that need (more) help, or how I
can help with the install process.

kolibrie