[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] From the Kaitiaki

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Sat Sep 28 09:29:04 CEST 2002

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Mike Hansen wrote:

> I have bits and pieces of a barcoding system written; however, its
> quite a ways from being usable.  I would be willing to work on it, but I
> haven't had much free time since school has started.  We haveour fall
> break coming up here in a month, and I could get it finished during
> that.  Then again, something may come up (or go away) and I could have
> it done in the next week or two.  Otherwise if someone really wants it
> done much sooner, I could kind round up the pieces that I have, tidy
> them up, and send them over to someone.

I'm not sure that we need it before November, but I'd be happy to host a
tarball of what you have done so far.

I thought of another bit that would go well with this.  It would be nice
to allow other forms of user identification (optionally).  I'm thinking
about a small group (5-10) who shares a common library at work.  Using
barcodes or library cards is overkill, but using a login or phone number
would be acceptable (you might even pull it out of ldap or PAM).

Any thoughts?

-pate