Fw: Re: [Koha-devel] strange search results (fwd)

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Mon Sep 30 15:34:03 CEST 2002

Hello Ville, Andrew and everyone,
Thank you for pointing this out. Andrew has given you the correct
explanation - that the word "guide" appears in fields not displayed on
the OPAC search- usually in the series title field. But you are
absolutely right, Ville, that this is important information that should be
displayed on the OPAC screens. That it is not displayed is an
historical accident, rather than a deliberate attempt to conceal.

Different libraries may use the Notes field on the biblio record for
different purposes. At HLT, we use it to add information that we think
will help make the record more accessible or more meaningful, or to
add detail that can't be fitted anywhere else. None of this is
confidential, and we'd be perfectly happy to have it display. Do other
libraries use it the same way?

(We use the notes field on the item record for purposes which are
not so public)
Anyone volunteering to add to the OPAC display the additional fields
not currently displayed?