[Koha-devel] Newbie here...

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 06:53:22 CEST 2003

Dave Thorne <mmmbena1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> As a developer working for a school in the UK who are interested in using
> the Koha system to manage their library I have added myself to this list.

Hello, I'm a developer working with schools in the UK, but I don't know
of any using koha yet.  Have you asked on the suse-linux-uk-schools list
or shall I?  I'm also working on getting the schoolforge.org.uk project
started and the more hands the merrier there!  If you do plan to move to
koha, then there will be lots of interest in what you're doing, I'm sure.
What level of school are you working for?

> I do however have quite a few suggestions and bugs to point out (I'm running
> version 1.2.3) and I was wondering whether or not to send them all through
> Bugzilla. How active and useful is it?

Bugzilla seems very active, but bug reports for 1.9.x seem more desirable
if you don't actually need to use koha in production immediately, I think.

> I'm also interested in helping upgrading the HTML used to conform to HTML 4
> and CSS standards (though I have no problem with XHTML1.0 Transitional and
> CSS2). Who sould I talk to about joining in?

I want to work on this, but I've been assigned another task to do first ;-)
At last, I'm getting started on that.  Then I'll have some idea how the
code works, I hope.

MJR