[Koha-devel] Newbie here...

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed Apr 16 16:44:02 CEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Dave Thorne wrote:

> Hello there everyone,

Hiya David

> As a developer working for a school in the UK who are interested in using
> the Koha system to manage their library I have added myself to this list.
> I've had a small look around the system and I'm impressed (as I imagine our
> librarian will be when she returns from the Easter break).

That's always nice to hear.

> I do however have quite a few suggestions and bugs to point out (I'm running
> version 1.2.3) and I was wondering whether or not to send them all through
> Bugzilla. How active and useful is it?

it's actively churned ... we're in an active bug hunt preparatory to a
major release.  One thing you might want to consider is looking at 1.9.2
(if you're not planning on going live before next fall, the 2.0 series is
your best bet and 1.9.2 is the most recent development release leading to
it)

> I'm also interested in helping upgrading the HTML used to conform to HTML 4
> and CSS standards (though I have no problem with XHTML1.0 Transitional and
> CSS2). Who sould I talk to about joining in?

grab an account at sourceforge and let me know the username, but you'll
really want to look at the pre-2.0 stuff before you jump in.  It's all
template driven, and significantly different from the 1.2.X stuff.

-pate