[Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] MARC21 - Homebranch and holdbranch mapping

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Apr 17 07:54:04 CEST 2003

paul POULAIN wrote:

> WARNING, WARNING, WARNING :
> ALL subfields connected to "items.*" koha table MUST be in the same tag.
> It's somewhat logic : the biblio is unique, and you have many items
> that are located in differents branches. But you still have only one
> biblio.
> 1 MARC record = 1 biblio and ANY items of this biblio, located in any
> branch.

I realise I must explain a little bit more...
Koha needs all items-related information in the same tag, because it
uses this tag to recognize biblio and items from the MARC record.
For example :
200$ait's my title
201$aPaul POULAIN$bFrance
995$91$aDombes$b1st floor
995$92$aHautecombes$b1st floor

want to modify the biblio ? => search everything except 995
want to modify an item ? => show 995, the $9 saying "item 1" or "item 2"

I hope that's all this time :-)

--
Paul POULAIN