[Koha-devel] [IMPORTANT] MARC21 - Homebranch and holdbranch mapping

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Apr 17 07:34:33 CEST 2003

Ron Wickersham wrote:

>hi Ingrid,

Hi all,

here are some IMPORTANT thoughts

>getting these parameters right is a bit confusing and caused us some
>experimenting before we got it to pass MARCcheck.
>
>but at any rate, the branch table
>must be filled by editing the parameter page.

You're right there.

>in our case Larry Currie has made the mapping into tag 949, but you can
>map to any tag subfield.  here 949 subfield g has lib: "Home branch code
>in Koha", koha field: "items.homebranch", Rep: No, Mand: No, Tab: 10, and
>Auth value: branches.   note that by chosing Tab: 10, we then are able to
>select from the list of Authorized Values to record in the database the
>value of the Home branch.  since you have chosen not to display the subfield,
>then you wouldn't have any way to enter this information.
>likewise 949 subfield l has Lib: "Holding brance code in Koha", koha field:
>"items.hodingbranch", Rep: No, Mand: No, Tab: 10, and Auth value: branches.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING :
ALL subfields connected to "items.*" koha table MUST be in the same tag.
It's somewhat logic : the biblio is unique, and you have many items that
are located in differents branches. But you still have only one biblio.
1 MARC record = 1 biblio and ANY items of this biblio, located in any
branch.

>in your entries, i suggest changing the tag from "Ignore" to "10".  in
>addition, since there is a separate record for each book or other item,
>i don't think you want to set Repeatable to Yes, since an instance of an
>item should never appear in more than one location at the same time :-).

you're right. If it's not the case in default MARC21 parameters => a
good idea would be to report a bug bugs.koha.org

--
Paul POULAIN