[Koha-devel] Reserves

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Fri Apr 18 09:50:08 CEST 2003

Now that we've got a server set up with 1.9.2 and have loaded some patron data
I'm seeing some of Koha for the first time:  Today I'm looking at reserves.

When I go to place a reserve, the first thing I notice is that it always says
there is already one reserve on the item.  Does that refer to the reserve I'm
placing?  Querying the database directly doesn't show any other reserves.
Maybe just a template bug?

Also:  The form (in the default template) allows you to choose values for
'Reserve on this date' and 'End reserve on this date.'  I assume the 'end
reserve' date is the expiration date for the reserve.  What is the first value?
 Would it be possible to build the template to show default values (today's
date for the first, default reserve expiry for the second)?  Submitting the
form without choosing values doesn't seem to cause a problem--the entry in the
database contains today's value for the reservedate, but no other date values
(not sure what notificationdate, reminderdate, and cancellationdate are).

It looks like a patron can't cancel or amend their own reserves.  Is there a
place in the intranet for librarians to view reserves (by title or patron), and
make changes?

 -- Owen