[Koha-devel] a link to think about

Joshua Ferraro jferraro at alma.athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Fri Apr 18 18:45:06 CEST 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 11:24:12AM -0400, Pat Eyler wrote:
> http://www.usrlib.info/story/2003/4/16/73130/6689

On a related note, here is what OCLC has been up to:
http://libraryjournal.reviewsnews.com/index.asp?layout=articleId=CA289190&display=searchResults&text=digital+library
In case I misstyped the url you can find it by going to the library journal website and typing in "digital libraries" in the search box.  The article is by Roy Tennant and is titled: Not Your Mother's Union Catalog.

> There is a lot going on in the free software for libraries world, where
> do/should we fit in the grand scheme of things?  Are people signed up on
> the oss4lib mailing list?  Do we look at www.usrlib.info, www.oss4lib.org,
> and such sites often enough?  Should we develop list (on the wiki) of
> sties and mailing lists of interest?
It sounds like a good idea, I at least, find it difficult to navigate through all the library specific "Freedom Software" (I've latched onto that term) sites.