[Koha-devel] Stop words

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Aug 8 21:30:06 CEST 2003

> Owen Leonard wrote:

> >How are stop words supposed to work?  It appears that if you do a search on a
> >single stop word, it will execute the search:  searching for 'the' will return
> >results in our catalog.  If you do a search on a stop word plus another term,
> >it seems to ignore the stop word: searching for 'the stuff' will only return
> >results from 'stuff.'
> >
> >Is this the intended behavior?

I would have thought it was the intended behaviour - so that if you had a book
whose title was "just" a stop word you could still find it.

but IANAL :-)

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org