[Koha-devel] Stop words

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Aug 8 09:24:09 CEST 2003

Owen Leonard wrote:

>How are stop words supposed to work?  It appears that if you do a search on a
>single stop word, it will execute the search:  searching for 'the' will return
>results in our catalog.  If you do a search on a stop word plus another term,
>it seems to ignore the stop word: searching for 'the stuff' will only return
>results from 'stuff.'
>
>Is this the intended behavior?

Are you sure of the behaviour ?
I tried (in french) with "la" (= "the" in english). I get only titles
having a word BEGINNING by LE. example : "la lattitude et la longitude".
The title had not been taken because of La, but because of Lattitude.
It's a recent improvment : when searching "contains", you search
"contains a word beginning by". I don't remembre who asked for this.
Maybe it was NPL :-)

--
Paul POULAIN