[Koha-devel] translation complaint...

nicolas morin nicolas at koha-fr.org
Thu Jan 30 04:03:09 CET 2003

Tonnesen Steve wrote:

>It's starting to look to me like it's going to be difficult no matter what
>route we take.  The easiest solution for all is probably the
>get_template_and_auth method, but we end up translating partial sentences.

Beware the changes in the position of the words in the translation :
translating in some languages "Hello Steve, Welcome to Koha" you might
end up with Steve before "Hello", or after "Koha"... So I think it's
important we don't cut the sentences in too small pieces. Which would
also make things much more difficult for the translators if they don't
have a clue about the context of the phrase to be translated.

Nicolas