[Koha-devel] Another acquisition module ?

Jerome Vizcaino vizcainj at esiee.fr
Mon May 12 01:41:10 CEST 2003

Hello

I'm working with another student at ESIEE (Michel Lerenard) on an
implementation of the Koha 1.9.x system for our school library. Serge
Renaux is leading us in this task. It will lead to an install of the
Koha 2 system when ready.

As our library uses a slightly different way to acquire documents, we
have to rearrange the way information are entered by the user. We
figured out that one way to do it is to create another template
directory and to configure Koha to use this directory. It seems that in
our case, template modification is not sufficient so we were thinking of
a solution based on another acquisition module. There is already an
option in Koha that sets the type of acquisition (normal or simple) but
this option doesn't seem to work (we are using Koha 1.9.2).
Therefore, our first question is "Is this option not working due to a
bug or because of a "non implemented yet" function ?"
Our second question is : "Will it be possible to set the option to
"esiee" for example so that Koha will use the Perl scripts localised in
a "acqui.esiee" directory ?"

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Jerome Vizcaino