[Koha-devel] Another acquisition module ?

Mike Hansen mwhansen at hmc.edu
Mon May 12 02:06:20 CEST 2003

Hello Jerome,

	Regarding the state of Acquisitions in 1.9.2, they are a work in
progress ;-].  There were a number of bugs filed (and fixed) regarding
these problems.  In addition, Chris is working on "forward-porting" the
simple acqusitions module from 1.2.3 into the pre-2.0 series.

	As to adding your own acqusitions module, yes, it would be fairly
trivial to integrate another Acquisitions module into Koha.  Right now,
Koha uses the loadmodules.pl script to look up what module to use for
acquisitions.  All that would be really need to be done is to create the
module, and add a line or two to loadmodules.pl.

	On a related note to developers, how should we go about making it so
that the work other libraries do available to everyone?  Do we want to
include everything in the main releases or should we have a seperate
section of a website where these modifications (and how to use them)
would be made available?

Mike

--
Mike Hansen <mwhansen at hmc.edu>